Veterinary assistants are important members of today’s modern veterinary team. They work alongside veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses to provide vital nursing care, ensuring that the wellbeing of small animal patients is paramount.
Locations: Sai Ying Pun, Yuen Long, Sai Kung, Pak Shek Kok
Here’s a snapshot of some of the key duties related to this role:
- Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians
- Observe animal behaviour or health condition and report to the Vet
- Animal restraint to allow examination.
- Provide first aid to pets in an emergency, stabilising them until a doctor can take over
- Feed, groom and weigh animals.
- Clean cages and bathe animals, exercise them if necessary.
- Keep the clinic clean, ability to operate the diagnostic equipment’s and management of surgical equipment.
- Experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals is a plus
- Experience in an administrative & customer service role is a plus
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Able to work under high pressure
- Shift duties (some locations)
- Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
- Can speak Cantonese, English & Mandarin is an advantage
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
- Ability to show empathy to owners and fellow colleagues
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance & Dental Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Monthly Bonus
- Staff Discount
As part of an established and highly regarded clinical team, you’ll bring energy, exceptional hospitality, and ensure our patients and clients receive the very best care whilst with us.
If you think you could be the right person for this job, enjoy working with people and being a family members of the Hong Kong’s largest veterinary group, please take action by sending your CV with expected salary & availability details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.