The Pet Space Group is looking for a veterinarian to join us in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong is a world class city-country with English widely spoken. Consisting of hundreds of islands, with high mountains as a backdrop against tropical beaches, it offers far more than the glitter and the glitz of the city for outdoor lovers. Hong Kong enjoys a very low crime rate and is safe to life, work and travel in with a large ex-patriate community. Other benefits include:
- Low tax rate – 17%
- Multi-culture working environment
- Convenient travel hub for Asia
- World-class public transport system
- Easy access to a vast network of hiking trails, mountain bike trails and camp sites.
- Night life – restaurants, bars and shops open to accommodate working schedules
- Shopaholics can enjoy anything from high end shops to back-alley street markets selling anything and everything
- Access to world class government medical and hospital services
We also offer relocation assistance to ensure a comfortable transition:
- Hotel expenses during quarantine period
- Hotel expenses up to 1 month after quarantine
- Relocation allowance
The Pet Space Group is Hong Kong’s largest veterinary group with 11 hospitals/clinics and operates a mobile ultrasound service. In addition we have a flagship hospital in Singapore as well. We believe it’s our responsibility to help pet owners provide a long, happy, and healthy life for their pets, which is why our highly experienced veterinarians are committed to early diagnosis and treatment of disease, giving clients more time to create memories that last a lifetime.
The position is for a general practice role. We are looking for an individual with experience that can work sole-charge and in a team. The right candidate needs to be comfortable with consultations, general investigations such as blood test and radiography and have experience in surgical procedures commonly seen in private practice such as pyometra surgeries etc. Ultrasonography skills and orthopaedic surgical skills will be advantageous, but can also be acquired with our support and training programs.
- Consultations; Surgical operations; Investigative procedures
- Follow and reinforce company protocols
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare and general care, medical conditions, and treatments or end of life decisions.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with clients regarding progress of hospitalised patients and reporting of laboratory results
- Educate the public about zoonosis
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in order to ensure continuity in care of patients
- Regularly undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in order to maintain and increase veterinary skills and knowledge
- Make use of internal referral services as appropriate, and seek the advice or assistance of appropriate colleagues when needed to perform routine surgeries and dental procedures.
- Establish or carry out quarantine or testing procedures to combat the spread of diseases to humans or to other animals according to established government regulations
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a small animal veterinarian
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- A love and caring attitude towards animal companions and their owners.
- Ability to make prudent decisions regarding the welfare and well-being of animals.
- Excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to show empathy to owners and fellow colleagues
- Comfortable to perform most common surgeries independently
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and skill sets
- Medical Insurance & Dental Insurance
- CPD allowance & CPD leave
- Monthly Bonus
- Staff Discount
If you think you could be the right person for this job, enjoy working with people and being a family members of the Hong Kong’s largest veterinary group, or just want to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals wishing to formally apply can also submit their CV with a reference.
Some useful links about life and work in Hong Kong:
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.